Careers & Opportunities
The neuroscience major prepares students for professional programs in health science (medical, physiotherapy, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, nursing), post-graduate degrees in neuroscience research, and provides a strong foundation for students wishing to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, public health, teaching, and scientific publishing & journalism.
Given that this is a relatively new program we are just beginning to collect some information from students about their interests and their ideal careers. We find that many students are not familiar with the potential career options, and it is our goal to help them find ways to network and build a competitive resume for any carrer path. The Neuroscience Program at UoG not only prepares students for future graduate studies but also for medical, veterinary, physiotherapy and many other professional schools; the breadth of knowledge obtained in this program is an asset to these career paths which require multiple streams of knowledge. Here are some examples of neuroscience-related careers
This page will be updated weekly with any job posting that we feel may be relevant for our neuroscience students.
The University of Guelph is a great place to work and often have positions posted that may be of interest.
NeuroTechX is a non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate the advancement of neurotechnology, their job board may have positions of interest to those in Neuroscience.
Canadian Association for Neuroscience also has a job page for many different related careers you can check out here!
- General Recruitment - Internship, Ontario Brain Institute - Toronto, ON
- Neuroinformatics Intern, Ontario Brain Institute, Toronto ON
- Science Writer, Invivo, Remote
- Neuroscience Faculty Position, Western College of Veterinary Medicine Saskatoon
- Medical Science Liaison, EPSEN, Missasauga ON
- Lab Technician, McMaster, Hamilton, ON
- Research Assistant Toronto Western Research Institute
- Lab Manager Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto ON